Sunday 4 February 2018

Holmebrook Valley Park 04/02/18

I went down to Holmebrook Valley for about 15 minutes today just to check the lake for any new birds that might have come since yesterday morning. The sun was out today but it was still quiet chilly. On the lake there were 2 Goosanders (1 Male and 1 Female), only 1 Tufted Duck and the Greylag Goose had returned. I presume that it was there yesterday, but was asleep on the bank in the trees where we couldn't see it. All of the Mute Swans were still there but I couldn't locate the Kingfisher which wasn't even on its normal perch. Around the lake I could here at least 3 different Bullfinches but they were to far in the bushes to see.

                      The cygnet Mute Swan with quiet a few white feathers coming through.
                                                                    Greylag Goose
 One last thing I saw was a Rat at the bottom end of the lake. It froze when it saw me and stopped for just enough time for a photo. Over the last winter I have seen Rats on nearly every visit. Some people don't like Rats but I actually think there cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment